Sunday, March 1, 2009

Tuzigoot National Monument

So I just realized that even though I uploaded a number of pictures from Picasa, I guess blogspot only lets 4 of them appear in a post. So you are missing out on all of our fun in Sedona. It was a fun little town, although I about died at the idea of spending $60 on lunch - for a slice of pizza each. Luckily, I thought, "there must be some other restaurants somewhere off of this little Main Street Tourist Trap" and we only ended up paying $25.


Tuzigoot seemed like quite a funny name. But it was really an neat site. From what I read before arriving, I thought it would be cliff dwellings like in Mesa Verde. To my surprise, it was a stone castle up on the top of a hill. It was neat. We also went over to Montezuma's Castle, which was built by the same (Sinagua) Indians. They were both specatular. But, the most interesting thing was a timeline that put perspective on them. They were built at the same time as Notre Dame in Paris. We all had to pause and consider the great differences in life in Europe and life in the Americas.









Posted by Picasa

No comments: